Monday, June 12, 2006

FAREWELL CLASS OF 2006/FAREWELL COVENANT CHRISTIAN SCHOOL

Praise to the God who is in control of our lives.

As I type this blog entry, I am sitting in my classroom on the Monday after the graduation of Covenant Christian School's Class of 2006. I am surrounded by blank bulletin boards and bare walls. My desk is clear on top, except for a few things I have in some piles.

Change is happening.

I have mixed feelings right now. Part of me wishes I were staying here next year. I wish I had the privilege once again of teaching the students I am leaving behind. The other part of me recognizes that I have been blessed with a new job, teaching Spanish at a charter school, where I will be able to take care of my family very well, by God's blessing.

I know that I will meet new people there and I know that I will grow to love them as well.

I am just afraid of change.

We all go through these moments in our lives. Here I am, a 29-year-old man who still feels like a little boy. I have been blessed with a beautiful wife and three gorgeous children. Not only that, but we are looking at moving to Vista into a house that will be sold to us as a low-income family. The Lord is truly meeting our needs, more than we can ask or imagine.

As my boss at Covenant told me, the Lord knows what He is doing.

I am not sure how many of my students read my blog, but if you read this, I want to tell you all that I love each and every one of you.

Class of 2006, I am so proud of you all. I pray that our Lord would lead you all to a deeper love for Him.

May the Lord bless us all in our future endeavors. May we take joy in Him wherever we are in life, during both the sad times and the happy times.

May the Lord bless the ministry of Covenant Christian School in Chula Vista, California.

No comments: