Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!

OK, so now I have an excuse to do another post. My buddy Paul Manata from www.presstheantithesis.org/blog tagged me. So, here goes:

Q. One book that changed your life

A. The Holy Bible


Q. One book that you've read more than once

A. The Pilgrim's Progress


Q. One book you'd want on a desert island

A. The Holy Bible


Q. One book that made you laugh

A. The Mantra of Jabez by Doug Jones


Q. One book that made you cry

A. I confess, when I was a kid I cried in A Wind In the Door by Madeleine L'Engle. I cried when the seraph (cherub?) left Meg (?). Don't worry, I don't read that kind of New Age hogwash anymore!


Q. One book that you wish had been written

A. A book defending the covenantal Baptist perspective, yet from an external/internal two circles view of the covenant. I guess I'd better get busy!


Q. One book that you wish had never been written

A. Anything dispensational; but since I have to choose one of my own free will (!), I'd say the Scofield Reference Bible. Scofield's notes helped popularize American dispensationalism and American Christianity into the silliness that it is today.


Q. One book you're currently reading

A. With Good Reason by S. Morris Engel


Q. One book you've been meaning to read

A. Introductory Logic by Doug Wilson

2 comments:

Russ said...

Josh,

I think one of the rules is you can't use The Bible. BTW, congrats on the new addition.

:)

RJ

Josh Brisby said...

RJ,

Thanks!

Josh