Monday, October 01, 2007

MY UPCOMING DIET

Well, next month sometime I will be officially starting a weight-loss program with Kaiser Permanente called Positive Choice. I would start it now, but I have to complete a physical and a body assessment, and one class. So I'm sure that next month sometime, Lord willing, I will be starting it.

My sister-in-law did the program and she lost a lot of weight. She lost it quickly too. The only thing is, of course, keeping the weight off after you lose it. I have a personal trainer who I work with three times a week, and I try to do cardio every other day except for the Lord's Day. So, I anticipate keeping the weight off.

The diet consists of liquid formulas, and it's only like 425 calories a day. They are formulated to give your body all the nutrition it needs so you can lose the weight fast, as well as in a healthy way. You are monitored by a personal physician and also have to keep going to the lab every week.

The only downside is that I have to go to a weekly "support group" where I have to meet with a psychologist. Yuck! But one of my elders told me not to let that stop me, so away I go.

Please pray for me! This will be 5 months of only these liquid formulas (and some kind of soup broth as well). I have 60 lbs. to lose, and I wouldn't mind losing even more.

I do plan on having my final fling with food the nights before I start. :0D

Anyways, I am looking forward to losing all that weight in 5 months that it took me ten years to put on.

1 comment:

Penny T. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.