Sunday, December 16, 2007

THE SAD STATE OF THE CHURCH TODAY

We are currently staying at a Hampton Inn in Gallup, NM, about 3 1/2 hours away from my parents' house in Albuquerque. This morning, I have looked all over the yellow pages here, doing research on websites, for a church for us to go to this morning.

I found none.

The only good news is that I found a sister F.I.R.E. Church (Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals) about 41 minutes close to my parents' house. We will consider going there tonight for evening worship. However, it saddens me that there are no good Reformed or Calvinistic churches where we are staying right now.

I sure am glad I'm a postmillennialist. I just wish that God would work a little faster. The state of the church today grieves me greatly.

3 comments:

Maria in Oregon said...

Josh,
We are praying for you and Angela and the children today that God will strengthen and encourage you in your family worship. Sing to God! Praise Him! And pray, and may the Holy Spirit fill you with his tender mercy and grace.
Please say a prayer for us as we travel to California tonight. We will arrive at about midnight and will have to take a shuttle bus to get our rental car and then drive home. Please pray for Greg--he is struggling with the changing sleep schedule and is quite exhausted.
God bless you all and please give your mom a hug from me!
Maria in Oregon

B.J. said...

Josh,
You know its been a year since we were out there. Man time flies by. You guys be safe on your journey.

Josh Brisby said...

B.J.,

We miss you guys bro. Time does fly. Maybe we'll see you soon.