Wednesday, July 09, 2008

AN OPEN INVITATION TO OUR CHILDRENS' BAPTISMS

Readers,

Praise to the God of covenant mercies! Angela and I wish to cordially invite you all to our covenant childrens' baptisms taking place at the Oceanside United Reformed Church (www.oceansideurc.org) on Sunday, July 27th, 2008.

On that day, not only will Angela and I become members of the United Reformed Church, but our pastor will be giving our children the sign of God's covenant. God's covenant sign will be given to:

Gabriel, age 4 (age 5 on August 2nd!)
Aaron, age 3
Rebekah Emerald, age 2
Owen, age 1

There will be a potluck to celebrate at our house afterwards. All are cordially invited to that as well.

Praise God for His covenant promises!

O covenant-keeping God of the promise, I praise You for Your mercies in Christ. I praise You, O Jehovah, that You make covenant with those who trust in You, and with their children. Thank You for giving us this visible token of Your promise, the sacrament of baptism. I pray, O Lord, that by Your grace, Angela and I would instruct our children in the faith and that they would grow up in their baptisms, never knowing a day in which they did not know You. Thank You, Lord, that You call them Your own. Thank You that You regard them as clean and holy. Thank You, O Lord, for granting them the kingdom. May the Name of Christ be praised. Receive all the praise and all the glory at this covenant ceremony to come. In the Name of Christ our Savior I pray. Amen.

5 comments:

Danny Hyde said...

I am looking forward to sharing this day with you, brother!

Anonymous said...

Josh-

You know I wish I could be there! I know this is a big day for you & your household.

He is Risen,
B.J.

Josh Brisby said...

I know you'll be there in spirit, brother B.J. Hope you and your family are doing well. Hopefully we'll see you all again soon.

Anonymous said...

Josh,
We are happy you and Angela found a new church home. Your family is continually in our prayers. We will be celebrating in our hearts with you this Lord's Day.

In Christ Alone,
Dax

Josh Brisby said...

Thanks brother Dax. It's also comforting to know that many people, including yourself and Amber and B.J. and Laura, have shared the same journey we have. Our Lord bless you and keep you. Thank you for your prayers.